Employment law governs the rights and duties between employers and workers. These rules, whether they are regarding wages, hours, breaks, deductions etc, are primarily designed to keep workers safe and make sure they are treated fairly, although laws are in place to protect employers’ interests as well.
We cover topics from employment contracts to dismissal and everything in between. As an employee in the Canadian workforce, you have many rights and responsibilities and we make sure you are rightfully entitled to them!
We will fight for many issues including these:
- Recruitment and employment contracts
- Pay and pensions
- Working time: hours, leave, flexible working
- Sickness and sick pay
- Maternity, paternity and adoption
- Information and consultation
- Discipline and grievance
- Dismissals and redundancies
- Employment tribunals